Monday, April 23, 2007

When Child Acting Starts Too Young: "I don't get paid enough for this!"


Betsy and I burst out laughing the first time we saw the picture (above) we have put on this post. I, especially, have become very interested in this picture. The reason is because the baby in this picture is supposed to be . . . well, just that, a baby! Instead, this baby in this picture has the most fake, un-babylike, I've been acting for 20 years smile I have ever seen. The baby in this picture is advertising for a product that functions like a bookbag, except that instead of books you can hall your baby around with you. There were similar products to the one this baby was advertising for, and they all featured a baby on the front that actually looked like a baby. Anyone who has ever seen a natural baby smile knows what to look for. The baby looks genuinely happy and oblivious to the fact that anyone is taking a picture. The baby in this picture looks like he's been on the set for about 4 hours and that he's on outtake number 43, and that he is ready to collect his paycheck and go home and relax on his Lazyboy. Simply put, the baby in this photo appears to be smiling for the camera, which is just weird, because babies aren't supposed to know what's going on. Notice also that the baby has perfectly parted hair and a old man sweater on. A sweater!!! Is this a baby I'm looking at or Bob Barker from the Price is Right ?? Anyway, like I said, kids are getting into acting way to young these days. Either that, or this kid has been modified by a computer to look like a 40 year old professional actor. Either way, you've got to laugh when you look at this picture.
Also, check out our flickr

No comments: