Friends, we got moved this weekend. I am so thankful that the move is behind us and we're in our new apartment! We had lots of help on Saturday morning, and we worked from about 9:00-3:00. Wait, who am I kidding? I have to be honest- I did very little "work." I mainly supervised, picked up random odds and ends that were left, and went to get pizza for lunch. We're so grateful for all of the help that we had! The part that I hate the most about moving is those random odds and ends that are left over after you're done packing boxes- you know those things that just don't really have a place? And you've been wondering what to do with them every time you look at them? I tried to get rid of as many of them as possible or find a place for them, so hopefully we won't have as big of an issue in our new apartment. But we'll see!
We learned that our new apartment doesn't have a dishwasher or garbage disposal. While this is by no means a complaint, you realize that for people as cleanliness-handicapped as Josh and me, this could pose a small but significant problem at times. We're trying to get in the habit even now of washing dishes AS SOON as we're done with them so we don't get overwhelmed with piles and piles of crusty dishes. So far so good. We're taking it a day at a time.
We got carry-out last night and ate it on our porch, admiring the view of the trees and enjoying the quiet. I tried to convince Josh to get carry-out from that Chinese restaurant called "China" (if you will remember a post from a long time ago), but he is convinced that they serve sub-par food there and won't hear of it. Maybe the unoriginality of the name is somewhat of a turnoff for him.
I want to mention that I am officially unaddicted to Diet Coke. All of you Covenant College readers, I know that you're shocked into a stunned silence right now. A glass or can of Diet Coke was practically glued to my hand during my 4 years there. Yeesh, I can't tell you how many all-nighters were survived only by the IV of Diet Coke pumping into my veins. That drink basically empowered all of my college studies. I actually owe it a lot. It's not like I kicked the habit when I graduated either. I went from staying up all hours of the night to having a personal training job which started at 5:00 each morning. Throw in the fact that Josh and I usually talked on the phone until 11:30 or 12:00 (or later) and you have yourself the perfect conditions for a continued Diet Coke dependency. I decided last spring that I drank too much Diet Coke and either I was going to end up with massive amounts of disease or my teeth were going to fall out from the carbonation. I vowed to myself and my friends that I would give it up by the time Josh and I got married. But that time came around, and my friend Angela convinced me that the change of marriage would be enough, and I shouldn't make it harder on myself by kicking my Diet Coke crutch to the curb at the same time. Good point, I said. So I said I'd give it up by the end of our honeymoon. Then it became by the time Josh started his job at Redeemer. After that, the abandonment began. I very slowly started discovering the joys of oher drinks, such as regular Cherry Coke (what's up, Kel??), tea, water, etc. Then we found out about Baby Desch and even though there isn't any conclusive proof that aspartame causes any birth problems, we didn't want Baby Desch to accidentally grow 3 arms or something, so I don't drink it very often anymore! I can't believe I've come so far. So for all of you who thought I had a lifelong condition, rejoice with me. And Diet Coke, I salute you. Thanks for about 5 solid years.
Thanks to everyone who helped with our move by actually being there, or keeping us in your thoughts. We're so grateful that it's over!! Pictures are coming!
No comments:
Post a Comment