Oh, how I love hot dogs. I love them so much. Josh and I had a hot dog for dinner last night, and it was so good. Wednesday night dinners are usually at least a little bit sketchy because we have youth group, and we're not home long enough between work and youth group to make something really complicated. Some Wednesdays are better than others. Last night was definitely good compared to what some have been.
In Baby Desch's first trimester, hot dogs were one of the only things that consistently sounded good. In my estimation, foods were dropping like flies... even seasoned old favorites sounded horrible. But hot dogs, which I've always liked, stuck with me faithfully through those turbulent months. One day in November Josh's parents came for a visit, and they wanted to take us out to eat. The ONLY thing I could think of that sounded good was a HOT DOG. Visions of hot dogs danced in my head. That sounded amazing and everything else sounded horrible. So we went to Sonic and I ate a hot dog. Josh and I went back to Peoria for Thanksgiving, and when my uncle (who is a vegetarian) heard that I was pregnant and seriously craving hot dogs, he told me that was the worst thing I could ever put in my body and to go find some soy hot dogs and eat them instead. Oof, that did NOT sound good. I have respect for soybeans on some level but usually prefer to steer clear of them, especially when they appear as meat products.
How about grilled hot dogs? Those are even a step above normal cooked-indoors hot dogs. Those definitely deserve their own mention. My Aunt Martha planned a barbeque at the park when Josh and I were home for Thanksgiving, after she found out I was craving hot dogs. Those hot dogs over the grill really hit the spot!!
But now we're through that time, and my relationship with hot dogs has gone back to normal. I still love them, but I can think of plenty of other good things to eat, a fact for which my arteries thank me. I'm thankful that hot dogs stuck with me when everything else jumped ship.
1 comment:
Springer LOVES hot dogs cut up and put in macaroni and cheese. And I'm not gonna lie... it's pretty good.
Post a Comment