Look closely. Do you recognize this fork?
A few weeks ago we found this fork lurking in our silverware drawer, and we have no idea where it came from or how long it's been there. It doesn't look anything like our silverware, and I don't know how it got into our drawer. Does it look familiar to anyone? Josh is convinced that this fork is some kind of bug planted in our house to spy on us. He is quite afraid of the fork. It's honestly made me feel uneasy about this fork. How does a fork just show up in your drawer and you have no idea how it got there? Our current plan is to leave it for the next occupants of our apartment if no one steps up to claim it. We're going to hide it somewhere and let them find it. Then they can be freaked out by the fork with no origin. Maybe we just watch too many scary movies. I actually think this would be a hit on the big screen with scary movies becoming so unoriginal these days. Don't you feel like every scary movie is just a variation on one you've seen before? How many times have you seen a movie about a spy/killer fork?
If this fork is your's or belongs to someone you know, speak now, or forever hold your peace. We're not moving this fork to our new apartment. We don't want it possessing our new drawers and listening in to our conversations and watching Baby Desch through a crack.
3 comments:
i'm loving the theology/metaphor piece. i'm looking forward to metaphors on kapic, chappell, doug wilson, augustine, and josh desch.
on the problems of aging, i think i pulled my tricep muscle over spring break while throwing a football on the beach. not during an actual game trying to make a hard throw - just tossing it around. for some reason it only bothers me when i'm lying in bed. go figure: an injury that is preventing me from that time when i literally do nothing.
Hey Betsy, its Alicia Gutierrez from CC. I love your blog! Congrats on your pending arrival too! I had to laugh because actually that looks like OUR silverware! I'm not sure how a fork from CA could get to GA, though. And I don't think we are missing one, so probably isn't ours.
If you would like, you can check out our blog at nagutierrez.blogspot.com.
I am having fun keeping up with ya'll's cute life!
Ok- I'm really curious if this is our fork now... (not sure why it would be... but anyway!)
Does it have a heart shaped design in the tip?!
Post a Comment