Josh and I have divided up the household chores in quite a satisfactory way. He preps the food, I cook it. He makes the deposits, I pay the bills. He chops up raw chicken and onions, two things I despise cutting, I spray the counters. He takes the trash to the dumpster, I religiously and obsessively open the blinds and windows to get fresh air in our apartment. He fills our car up with gas, I clean the bathroom sink. We both share things like laundry, vacuuming, dishes, drying dishes, folding, grocery shopping, etc. It works out quite nicely.
For some reason, I love paying bills. Does anyone else feel this way? Not that I enjoy seeing the money leave our account or giving money to people I don't really even like, but there's something nice about writing a check, putting it in an envelope, sealing it up, putting a stamp on it, and sending it off, knowing that the check won't bounce and that that bill is PAID. I love that. I know that we are reaching a point where this method of bill paying is somewhat antiquated, since I'm sure a lot of people pay their bills online, but paying online isn't nearly as satisfactory. I feel like switching to that would rob me of some of the satisfaction that comes from paying bills as a responsible adult in a timely manner. Looking at a computer screen isn't as nice as looking at a stack of envelopes that are ready to go, bearing inside proof that you are an adult and can be independent. I guess I'm a bill junkie. Maybe I draw more meaning from this routine than I should. But whatever.
Today is my mom's birthday! My mother is one of the best people I know. I love her so much. My mom has a way of taking interest in things that seem inconsequential but together go into making up who you are. I love talking to her. I'm so thankful for our relationship and how it has grown in recent years. Happy Birthday, Mom!! Wish we were there with you!
Today is a beautiful day outside, in honor of my Mom's birthday! I love it so much. Josh and I went home for lunch and it was so beautiful that we couldn't even bear to close the door. So many days recently I've wished that we could take our desks outside and work on the lawn!! I have wished time and time again that I had some kind of window next to my desk so I could open it up, get a good breeze, and take in the fresh air. But I don't. So I can get my fill when I'm home.
Have a great night!!
No comments:
Post a Comment