I'm so thankful for Fridays. Or I guess it's more fitting to say I'm so thankful for weekends, because Fridays are only good since they signify the beginning of the weekend. Sometimes Friday afternoon c r a w l s . That's how today has been. Josh is still at home sick, but hopefully he'll perk up over the weekend.
I've done my typical Friday afternoon duties. Filled up the candy jar that sits on my desk (I stuffed it with SO many lollipops that I better not have to fill it up again for a long time), made some calls for next week, etc. Today has been one of those days where I just can't get comfortable. You know when there's just no way to sit in your chair that feels good, your pants are too tight and yet falling down at the same time, your shoes feel too tight, and you just want to go home, put something comfortable on, and lay in bed? Yeah, that's me right now. I usually enjoy my job, but I get an itching on Friday afternoon to be free!!
I'm currently scratching my head about dinner tonight- Josh and I haven't done much of anything in way of cooking since he got sick, because for us cooking is usually a joint effort. So I've got to be creative tonight. We've already had most of the low maintenance lunch and dinner entrees this week- sandwiches, frozen pizza, soup, macaroni and cheese, etc.- so I'm not coming up with much for tonight. Maybe Chinese take out!! YUM!! There's this Chinese restaurant right next door to the Kroger we usually shop at and it's called "China." That's all the sign says- some Chinese characters and then the word "China." That always makes us laugh. "I'm going to China for dinner." It's more of a genre of food than a descriptive name for a restaurant.
Friend 1: "Where are you going for dinner tonight?"
Friend 2: "Mexico."
Friend 1: "What?"
See? It just doesn't make sense to name a restaurant the same thing as the country of the food's origin. But we might get take out from China tonight just for fun.
We have the Missions Conference at church this weekend, and in there somewhere we need to make some time to pack. We've packed nothing and have a lot to do seeing that we have to be completely moved out 2 weeks from Sunday. We do have 2 empty boxes though, and that's cool.
Hope ya'll have a fun and restful weekend!
1 comment:
you are an excellant writer Betsy
Doodle. Very entertaining! Hope Josh is feeling better real soon.
Poor Joshiepooh.
Love from Aunt Martha
p.s. GLORIA is for sure a totally
cool song for all time!
Post a Comment