HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIM!!!!!
Today is our friend Jim Plunk's birthday!! He is currently serving the Lord in Ethiopia. Jim, we hope that this has been a good day for you!!! Jim is an all around great guy. Any of his friends will tell you that. For one thing, he's probably about the easiest person to make laugh in the world. You feel like a comedian when you're Jim's friend because he laughs at the drop of a hat. Thanks for that confidence booster, Jim. Josh lived with him for 3 and a half years at Covenant. That's a long time. We're looking forward to Baby Desch meeting Uncle Jimmy Jim. Jim, we're wearing party hats for you today!!
Today is a pretty nasty day outside. It's one of those really rainy, overcast days. But I guess these have to happen so we can have the sunny, green, beautiful days. Sometimes it's kind of nice to be inside and hear the rain on the roof. Since yesterday was so nice, we enjoyed sleeping with the window open. I've always been a big fan of sleeping with the window open. Feeling a gentle breeze coming in when you're going to sleep is one of my favorite things. Growing up in Peoria, which is quite a humid little place in the summer, I learned that windows being open at night was the key to any sort of ventilation. My parents fell (and probably still fall) into the category of air conditioning dictators, meaning that they hardly ever turned it on unless we were all about to die of heat exhaustion. Although in more recent years I have been more liberal with the thermostat, I still love sleeping with an open window.
I can't believe it's already Thursday! The weeks have just flown by. It seems like once I get into a routine during the week, the days just slip by without my notice. And here we are at Thursday. We have the Missions Conference at church this weekend, which will be really good.
Enjoy your Thursday!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JIM!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment