Josh had a great game last night! He had two great hits! I took a video with our camera of one of his at-bats, but it turned out pretty bad because all you can see if him hitting the ball and then hearing me scream and seeing the arm of the lady who was sitting in front of me. I've got to work on that. So far I haven't heard any complaints about pulled muscles, so that's good.
We went out to Wild Wing after the game to celebrate our friend Springer's new job! (This was kind of a mixed celebration because it means that he and Laura Susan are moving to Columbus. Hmm.) Prior to last night, I think I had only had maybe 2 wings in my entire life. My family is just not the wing type. My mom is very picky, and the thought of her eating chicken wings honestly makes me laugh. So last night Josh and I both picked out a dozen wings- I picked bbq and he picked jalepeno cheddar. They were soooo good!! I was a MESS after we were done, since my wings were covered in this sticky barbeque sauce. I was AMAZED that I managed to avoid spilling anything on my shirt, although somehow I spilled on my friend Jennifer's shirt, who was sitting next to me. How did that happen? I can't explain it, other than that these things were messy. You've got to get down and dirty with the wings. Dig down into the trenches and be willing to get covered in sauce. I had the whole wing experience, down to the celery sticks. I definitely recommend doing this if you never have. I found bbq sauce on my face and my arms when we got home, even though I had tried my hardest to clean up at the restaurant. They need to give you a hose after feeding you something like that. I decided that wings is definitely not a date food. You know those foods to avoid if you're trying to impress someone on a date? Spaghetti is also not a date food. Getting all of those noodles onto a fork and then in your mouth can be pretty awkward. What do you do with the straggler noodles that don't get wrapped around your fork? Slurp them into your mouth? Bite them and let the extra fall back onto your plate? Wings is no different. If you're looking for a good old time with some friends, get wings. But if you're on a job interview, you best steer clear.
No comments:
Post a Comment