Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Josh has his first softball game tonight! He'll be playing some at third base. He'll do great! Hopefully he won't come away with any pulled muscles!! Who knew that church softball could make you so sore?

I have to admit that I've taken an extended sabbatical from consistent exercising, pretty much since I found out that I was pregnant. Not a COMPLETE sabbatical, but a substantial one. I was wary of working out too hard in the first trimester, and then maybe I just got lazy. Let me tell you, it's a lot harder to work out when you don't work at the gym like I used to. Back then I didn't have a reason NOT to exercise. I think people's biggest obstacle to going to the gym is actually going to the gym. Once you're there, it's not bad. It's the getting there that's the challenge. Now I'm falling into that category of people. Those who are somewhat exercising-challenged because of motivational difficulties. BUT there is good news to report here. Josh and I have been going more consistently, and I've been enjoying it a lot. I forgot the joy that there is to be found in exercise and was focusing only on the pain that it is to get clothes together, change, get to the gym, etc. But it's actually a lot of fun, and it's wonderful when you can see results- see yourself getting fitter, having less trouble exercising harder for longer, finding it easier to lift heavier weights, etc. So I'm rediscovering why I became a personal trainer in the first place. It just took a re-birth of sorts.

Have a great night!

No comments: