Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Taco Kits & Other Things

Has anyone here ever eaten a taco kit? We had one yesterday and finished it today, and it was amazing. I love taco kits. I've decided I'm a big fan and will ensure that one is in our pantry at all times from here on out. I think the phrase "taco kit" is really funny. Everything you need for a successful taco lunch or dinner. I think anything you can keep on hand in your pantry to make cooking a little bit easier (and thus more probable to be done) is nice.

Josh had softball practice last night and came back hurting. It was pretty sad. He practiced fielding as 3rd baseman, which is where he'll probably play most of the season, and then they practiced batting. He came back holding his side and told me he'd pulled a muscle swinging the bat. I told him that was pathetic. The church softball team is so funny. There's always someone limping from a bum knee, twisted ankle, etc. That's what happens when you get mostly middle-aged men who don't do much physical activity out sprinting between bases. There's bound to be some injuries.

Josh will have softball games every Monday and Thursday now for several weeks. He played in the fall, and I remember thinking, "You've GOT to be kidding me!!" when he came home with the schedule. They were playing every Tuesday and Thursday for about 6 or 7 weeks. Yeesh, I thought. What a time commitment!! Who do these people think we are?? But toward the end of the season I was the one telling Josh I wanted to go even when he was tired and didn't want to play. They are sooo fun!! It's just a blast sitting in the stands, chatting with the other fans, and cheering our team on. The team only won 1 game in the fall, but I guess that gives a lot of room for improvement...

Our Lamaze class ends tonight, and then we're officially graduates. Tonight our teacher is going to get out the baby dolls and let the coaches practice putting on diapers. It seems like that's something that most of the coaches haven't done very often. I'm so glad that we went to the class- we both learned so much. But it will definitely be good to have our Tuesday nights back again.

2 comments:

Springer and Laura Susan said...

Hooray for softball!
Hip Hip Hooray!

(Can you tell this comment is from LS, and not Springer?) :)

Springer and Laura Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.