Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday Morning at Bojangles

My office has a tradition of bringing in biscuits from Bojangles every Friday morning. Bojangles, for those Northerners out there, serves all sorts of delights for the palate, but I think they are most famous for fried chicken and biscuits. Every Friday morning it is someone's responsibility to pick up the biscuits and bring them to the office. We all have our own preferences. I usually get a plain biscuit or one with an egg on it, while some of the others get a ham biscuit or a sausage biscuit. These are quite delicious.

This morning Josh and I had biscuit duty. At our old apartment, Bojangles wasn't that far away, so if we would leave the house by about 8:05 or 8:10 (work starts at 8:30), we could get the biscuits and be at work in time. But now that we've moved into the boonies, we had to shoot for leaving the house at 7:45 this morning. That may not sound bad, but for us, that's a herculean task. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when you throw Baby Desch into the mix- we're never going to be anywhere on time. It's a good thing I'm quitting my job.

We pulled up to Bojangles at about 8:10, and the line for the drive-thru was out on Washington Road. You couldn't barely pull into the parking lot to get in line for biscuits. Augusta must be a big biscuit town. Every time we have biscuit duty, Bojangles is overflowing with cars. No room in the drive-thru, no room in the parking lot. Going in to stand in line is no faster- there are just as many people waiting in line for their biscuit fix. A surprising number of the cars in line are actually these massive super-duty trucks. I'm not passing any judgments here... maybe just suggesting that rednecks like their biscuits. We finally got out of the street and into the line, and got out at 8:27, just in time to drive around the corner to work.

I love Friday rituals. Friday always has somewhat of a party atmosphere, and biscuits make it that much better. I don't know if biscuits were such a part of life in the North. They were probably there, and I just didn't know it. But I have completely embraced biscuits. They bring joy to my heart, excitement to my tummy, and anticipation for the weekend.

Have a wonderful weekend!! Go eat a biscuit today!!

No comments: